Sunday, April 25, 2010

Leap Of Faith - April 25, 2010

Daily Reading

Daily Verse
They were helped in fighting them,
and God handed the Hagrites
and all their allies over to them,
because they cried out to him during the battle.
He answered their prayers, because they trusted in him.
1Chronicles 5:20

Daily Thought

The bad guy shot Indy's dad. Not dead, but dying.

"It's time to ask yourself what you believe," said the bad guy.

The Holy Grail, the cup Jesus shared at the Last Supper, could save his dad. Indy had a book to guide him to the cup.

The book said, "Kneel." Indiana Jones knelt, and the blades missed.

The book said, "Proceed on the name of God," and Indy stepped out "Iehovah" (with an "I" because it's Latin) to safety.

The book said, "Leap." There was nowhere to leap. Just a deep chasm. He leapt anyway.

It was a leap of faith, but it wasn't blind, because the book was true. Indiana Jones trusted the book.

Jesus did many other miraculous signs in the presence of his disciples, which are not recorded in this book. But these are written that you may believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God, and that by believing you may have life in his name.
--John 20:30-31

To God's Glory,
Dave

Daily Prayer

God, You are faithful and true. May I trust fully in You. Build my faith, God. Strengthen my trust. You are certainly worthy of it. I know that if I seek You and only You, I do not need to be anxious about anything. All things are in Your hand. It baffles me how often I let other things distract me when I only need to keep my eyes on One. You.

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment