Monday, April 26, 2010

Flip Of The Coin - April 26, 2010

Daily Reading

Daily Verse
When he struck the rock, water gushed out,
and streams flowed abundantly.
But can he also give us food?
Can he supply meat for his people?
Psalm 78:20

Daily Thought

The Super Bowl pits the National Football Conference champion against the winner of the American Football Conference. Since 1998, 13 straight games, the NFC has won
...the coin toss.

In 1998, the odds of winning the toss were 50/50. In 2010, 50/50. But to win every year from then until now, the odds are 1 in 8,192.

14 in a row is 1 in 16,384
20 is one in a million (plus change)

When do you start to suspect the toss is rigged?

Psalm 78
v 44, God turned the rivers to blood
v 45, God sent swarms of flies
v 45, and frogs
v 46, God gave their crops to the grasshopper
v 47, He destroyed their vines with hail
v 48, He struck down all the firstborn
v 13, He divided the sea and led Israel to freedom
v 53, The sea engulfed the Egyptians
v 14, God guided Israel, cloud by day and fire by night
v 54, God brought the Israelites to his Holy Land
v 55, and drove out the nations before them

But can he also give us food?
Can he supply meat for his people?
--Psalm 78:20

And still Israel thinks it's a game of chance.
Still deciding if they should bet on God.

Do not worry, saying, 'What shall we eat?' or 'What shall we drink?' or 'What shall we wear?' Your heavenly Father knows that you need them.
--Matthew 6:31-32

To God's Glory,
Dave

Daily Prayer

Mighty God, there is no one like You. You alone are Almighty, You alone are Sovereign. Your will be done.

It is so hard to trust, to release my illusion of control and turn my life completely over to You. The greatest commandment, the greatest life-giving act I can do is to love You with all my heart, all my soul, all my mind, all my strength. I know that You are God, that whatever You say will happen will happen. I know it. God help me trust in what I know.

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment