Friday, April 2, 2010

Too Many Kings - April 2, 2010

Daily Reading

Daily Verse
But Gideon told them,
"I will not rule over you,
nor will my son rule over you.
The LORD will rule over you."
Judges 8:23

Daily Thought

Eastern Orthodox, Greek Orthodox, Southern Baptist, American Baptist, Conservative Baptist, Baptist General Conference, General Association of Regular Baptists, Presbyterian Church USA, Evangelical Presbyterian, Presbyterian Church of America, Church of Christ, Church of God, Church of God in Christ, United Methodist, Free Methodist, Evangelical Lutheran, Lutheran Missouri Synod, Reformed Church of America, Christian Reformed Church.

I'm just getting started.

No. Stop!

There is one body and one Spirit, one Lord, one faith, one baptism; one God and Father of all, who is over all and through all and in all.
--Ephesians 4:4-6

What happened?

But when they said, "Give us a king to lead us," this displeased Samuel; so he prayed to the LORD. And the LORD told him: "Listen to all that the people are saying to you; it is not you they have rejected, but they have rejected me as their king.
--1Samuel 8:6-7

Too many kings.

I have given them the glory that you gave me, that they may be one as we are one: I in them and you in me. May they be brought to complete unity to let the world know that you sent me and have loved them even as you have loved me.
--John 17:22-23

To God's Glory,
Dave

Daily Prayer

Sovereign God, Maker of everything. Your Son, King of kings, Firstborn over all creation. You hold all things together. You not only made the planets, the stars, the suns, and the moons, You determined their path. Silly people worship the created rather than the Creator.

God, may I always keep You in my thoughts. May I always allow You to determine my steps. God, may I have the wisdom it takes to hear Your voice, know Your thoughts, follow Your lead.

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment