Friday, April 16, 2010

Who Do You Listen To? - April 16, 2010

Daily Reading

Daily Verse
Let a righteous man strike me-it is a kindness;
let him rebuke me-it is oil on my head.
My head will not refuse it.
Yet my prayer is ever against the deeds of evildoers.
Psalm 141:5

Daily Thought

King Ahab was going to war. He asked King Jehoshaphat to join him.
Jehoshaphat said to the king of Israel, "First seek the counsel of the LORD."
--1Kings 22:5

Jehoshaphat, king of Judah, was a righteous king.
In everything Jehoshaphat walked in the ways of his father Asa and did not stray from them; he did what was right in the eyes of the LORD.
--1Kings 22:43

King Ahab had 400 prophets who said "yes." They always said "yes."

Jehoshaphat asked, "Is there not a prophet of the LORD here whom we can inquire of?"
--1Kings 22:7

King Ahab had one prophet of the LORD. "...but I hate him because he never prophesies anything good about me, but always bad."
--1Kings 22:8

Ahab, king of Israel, was a wicked king.
Ahab son of Omri did more evil in the eyes of the LORD than any of those before him.
--1Kings 16:30

An evil king wants to hear only good.
A righteous king wants to hear only God.

To God's Glory,
Dave

Daily Prayer

Lord God, You know the beginning and the end, Your words are wise and good, and You lead into righteousness those who are willing to follow.

God, I will make time each day to read Your Word. Speak to me. May Your Word reveal any rebelliousness in me and may it teach, reprove, correct, and train me to be righteous.

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment