Monday, April 12, 2010

Six Brave Words - April 12, 2010

Daily Reading

Daily Verse
Then Saul said to Samuel, "I have sinned.
I violated the LORD's command and your instructions.
I was afraid of the people and so I gave in to them."
Judges 15:24

Daily Thought

The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom,
and knowledge of the Holy One is understanding.
--Proverbs 9:10

Do you know the six bravest words in the Bible?

Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego were before King Nebuchadnezzar, standing.

The king wanted them bowing.

"O Nebuchadnezzar, we do not need to defend ourselves before you in this matter. If we are thrown into the blazing furnace, the God we serve is able to save us from it, and he will rescue us from your hand, O king.

Brave words, but not the six.

"But even if he does not..." There they are.

"...we want you to know, O king, that we will not serve your gods or worship the image of gold you have set up."
--Daniel 3:16-18

To God's Glory,
Dave

Daily Prayer

Almighty God, You are awesome. I use that word too often for other things and diminish the word. It belongs to You. I am in awe of Your creation, Your mighty power, Your majesty, Your holiness, and in the midst of all that, Your patience with me.

You are powerful and loving, strength under control, gentle and mighty. You are amazing, and it is You and You alone I worship.

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment