Thursday, April 15, 2010

Tax Day - April 15, 2010

Daily Reading

Daily Verse
O LORD my God, I take refuge in you;
save and deliver me from all who pursue me,
or they will tear me like a lion
and rip me to pieces with no one to rescue me.
Psalm 7:1-2

Daily Thought

Today's reading is five psalms.
Psalm 7, Psalm 27, Psalm 31, Psalm 34, and Psalm 52.

Psalm 7 begins
O LORD my God, I take refuge in you;
save and deliver me from all who pursue me,
or they will tear me like a lion
and rip me to pieces with no one to rescue me.

I look at the calendar.

April 15. Tax Day.

To God's Glory,
Dave

Daily Prayer

Heavenly Father, Lord of the heavens and the earth. You are to be worshiped above all others. King of kings and Lord of lords.

Teach me to walk upright in this land, a good citizen of my country. Teach me to reflect my true citizenship, my eternal allegiance which is to you. May I walk with integrity, and may my nation be better because its people reflect your nature.

Amen

1 comment:

  1. Tax Day! This is a good one [well they're all great] but I love the innuendo in this one.

    "they will tear me like a lion" :)

    ReplyDelete