Friday, November 26, 2010

American Idol - November 26, 2010

Daily Reading

Daily Verse
While Paul was waiting for them in Athens,
he was greatly distressed to see that the city was full of idols.
Acts 17:16

Daily Thought

It was announced on the news today: we have "Savings Fatigue." The economy is bad, so people quit spending. Many saved. Now we are tired of saving. We must spend.

Plutus, the Greek god of money. Still popular.

"Science can explain the universe without the need for a creator," the scientist said to the Talk Show host. "Science is increasingly answering questions that used to be the province of religion. The scientific account is complete. Theology is unnecessary."

Mercury, the Roman god of science. Still popular.

"Tomorrow Is Just Another Day," announced Apple. "A Day You'll Never Forget." What will I never forget? iTunes will now sell me songs from The Beatles.

Apollo, god of music. Still popular.

Aphrodite, goddess of beauty. Still popular.
Mars, god of war. Still popular.
Hermes, god of sports. Still popular.
Dionysius, god of wine. Still popular.

"I found an altar with this inscription: TO AN UNKNOWN GOD. Now what you worship as something unknown I am going to proclaim to you."
~Acts 17:23

Jesus Christ, who made the world and everything in it. Still God.

To God's Glory,
Dave Price

Daily Prayer

God, You are the One and the Only. Creator of all things, there is none like You. You are the Beginning, the End. And the Middle. No one, ever, should sit on Your throne. Especially not me.

I keep trying to rule my life, but usually when I do, I let some pretender, some false god, take charge. At last, I know that You are Lord and Savior of all. Lord and Savior of me. Now I follow You. You alone. You always. You are God.

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment