Monday, November 22, 2010

The Easy Way To Play - November 22, 2010

Daily Reading

Daily Verse
Consider it pure joy, my brothers,
whenever you face trials of many kinds.
James 1:2

Daily Thought

Sonatina, by F.M. Torroba. Jack's fingers flew on the frets, the classical guitar sang, and it was beautiful.

"Do you want to play like this?" Jack was my guitar teacher. I was 10 years old.

I nodded, "Yes."

"You'll need to practice a couple hours a day, every day."

"Two hours!" An eternity for a 10-year old. "Isn't there an easier way?"

Jack glared at me, "How long would you like to practice?"

I shrugged.

"That's the hard way, Dave. If you pick the guitar up whenever you feel like it, it will take you years to play. If ever."

The testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything.
~James 1:3-4

"But two hours and you'll be playing like this in two months," explained Jack. "Practice is the only easy way to play."

To God's Glory,
Dave Price

Daily Prayer

My God, I trust You with my life. May everything I do display the faith I have in Your wisdom and goodness. Teach me Your ways, O Lord. Test me and try me, so that I may live a life holy set apart to You.

God, thank You for caring for me to develop and strengthen me. I know that nothing will come before me that, in You, I cannot endure and conquer. I can do all things through You, because You give me strength. There is a joy I have found in suffering for Your Name's sake.

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment