Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Engage The Power - November 16, 2010

Daily Reading

Daily Verse
Everyone was filled with awe,
and many wonders and miraculous signs were done by the apostles.
Acts 2:43

Daily Thought

I pushed and pushed, trying to make the mower move forward.

My Dad came out. "Why are you trying so hard? Pull this lever up."

I did. And the mower leaped forward. It was self-propelled.

"You will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you; and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth."
~Acts 1:8

I'd been struggling with all my might to push the mower. But once I engaged the power, I just went along for the ride.

Every day they continued to meet together in the temple courts, praising God and enjoying the favor of all the people. And the Lord added to their number daily those who were being saved.
~Acts 2:46-47

To God's Glory,
Dave Price

Daily Prayer

Father God, Your Son said that we, His followers, His church, would do greater things than He did. He saved the world. What could be greater? By the power of Your Holy Spirit, we take the message of Your salvation to the world. By that power, lives are changed.

God, may I be faithful to follow Your Word, going to the world, in the power of Your Spirit, in the Name of Your Son, with the gospel of grace. I will be faithful to plant the seeds and water the soil. God, You make it grow.

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment