Wednesday, November 3, 2010

The Applause Of One - November 3, 2010

Daily Reading

Daily Verse
For they loved praise from men more than praise from God.
John 12:43

Daily Thought

The 13-year-old piano prodigy wowed the concert hall to a wonderful ovation. She bowed and exited to the wings.

"Encore," shouted the crowd, rising to its feet.

The stage manager nudged her. "Back out with you," he prodded. "They want more."

"No they don't."

"What do you mean? They're on their feet."

"Not everyone." She pointed to the white-haired elderly gentleman, front row, first balcony. Sitting, frowning, arms folded.

"So what?" the manager shrugged. "One man. What does he know?"

"He is my teacher."

To God's Glory,
Dave Price

Daily Prayer

My God, I want to hear from You, "Well done, good and faithful servant." I so desire those words to sum up my life. That I would live in a manner that delights You, that brings You both pleasure and glory.

I know this comes through a life of faithful and courageous obedience. I trust You, Father, that Your will is my best choice. I will stay on the path You lay before me without wavering.

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment