Monday, November 15, 2010

Patron Saint Of Scientists - November 15, 2010

Daily Reading

Daily Verse
Then Jesus told him,
"Because you have seen me, you have believed;
blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed."
John 20:29

Daily Thought

The other disciples told him, "We have seen the Lord!" But Thomas said to them, "Unless I see the nail marks in his hands and put my finger where the nails were, and put my hand into his side, I will not believe it."
~John 20:25

"Science is based upon verifiable evidence. Religious faith not only lacks evidence, its independence from evidence is its pride and joy, shouted from the rooftops. Why else would Christians wax critical of doubting Thomas? The other apostles are held up to us as exemplars of virtue because faith was enough for them. Doubting Thomas, on the other hand, required evidence.

Jesus said to Thomas,
"Put your finger here; see my hands.
Reach out your hand and put it into my side.
Stop doubting and believe."
~John 20:27

Perhaps he should be the patron saint of scientists."
~Richard Dawkins, atheist, author of "The God Delusion"

Thomas said to Jesus, "My Lord and my God!"
~John 20:28

Fair enough. Patron of Scientists, Saint Thomas

To God's Glory,
Dave Price

Daily Prayer

Heavenly Father, Risen Lord and Savior, bearing the marks still of the cross. You bore the cross, the pain of death, and the greater pain of sin, so that I might be saved. When Thomas looked at Your hands, he did not simply see proof of who You were. He saw proof of what You had done. For him. For me. For the whole world.

Thank You, Jesus, for seeking and saving me. Thank You for loving me. In the Name of Jesus Christ, my Lord and my God,

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment