Monday, November 8, 2010

Go And Do Likewise - November 8, 2010

Daily Reading

Daily Verse
The King will reply, "I tell you the truth,
whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine,
you did for me."
Matthew 25:40

Daily Thought

Christ Jesus, who, being in very nature God, did not consider equality with God something to be grasped, but made himself nothing.
~Philippians 2:6-7

Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you?
The next day as they were leaving Bethany,
Jesus was hungry.
~Mark 11:12

...or thirsty and give you something to drink?
Jesus said to her, "Will you give me a drink?"
~John 4:7

When did we see you a stranger and invite you in?
She wrapped him in cloths and placed him in a manger,
because there was no room for them in the inn.
~Luke 2:7

...or needing clothes and clothe you?
When the soldiers crucified Jesus,
they took his clothes, dividing them into four shares,
one for each of them.
~John 19:23

When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?'
"If he were not a criminal," they replied,
"we would not have handed him over to you."
~John 18:30

For even the Son of Man did not come
to be served, but to serve.
~Mark 10:45

"Go and do likewise."
~Luke 10:37

To God's Glory,
Dave Price

Daily Prayer

Mighty God, Creator of All, You loved so much. So much! You made Yourself into me, or at least one like me. And took my sin and died for it. You are God of heavens and God of earth and became a man, a poor man and a servant, and died the death of a criminal.

For me.

God, may I love in Your name the very same people You died for. Teach me humility and guide me in the way of a servant.

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment