Sunday, November 14, 2010

The Cup - November 13, 2010

Daily Reading

Daily Verse
When he had received the drink,
Jesus said, "It is finished."
With that, he bowed his head and gave up his spirit.
John 19:30

Daily Thought

After the supper he took the cup, saying, "This cup is the new covenant in my blood, which is poured out for you."
~Luke 22:20

Then he said to them, "My soul is overwhelmed with sorrow to the point of death. My Father, if it is possible, may this cup be taken from me. Yet not as I will, but as you will."
~Matthew 26:38-39

Later, knowing that all was now completed, Jesus said, "I am thirsty." When he had received the drink, Jesus said, "It is finished."
~John 19:28, 30

"This cup is the new covenant in my blood;
do this, whenever you drink it, in remembrance of me."
~1Corinthians 11:25

To God's Glory,
Dave Price

Daily Prayer

Father God, You promised from the beginning that You would provide salvation, that You would send a Savior. You kept Your Word. Your Word is true.

Your Son took all my sins, all the sins of all the people from all time, and paid the penalty. Death. I trust in Him for my salvation, and now His righteousness is mine. Wow.

Thank You for so wonderful a Savior.

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment