Wednesday, November 24, 2010

City Dog vs. Country Dog - November 24, 2010

Daily Reading

Daily Verse
Now that faith has come,
we are no longer under the supervision of the law.
Galatians 3:25

Daily Thought

Religion

Lucy is our basset hound. She stays indoors and sleeps in a kennel. Lucy is a city dog, and she does not roam free. She is not allowed to.

Every so often, a door is open, unwatched. Lucy breaks for freedom, and she does not return. We call her, and find her, and bribe her, and bring her home.

Relationship

Aunt Katie and Uncle Larry live in the country. Abby, their yellow Labrador, is free to roam, and she does. Wherever she wants, whenever she wants, doing whatever she wants. Abby is a country dog.

At night, Abby could sleep anywhere she wants, and she does. She sleeps on the porch. She sleeps at home.

It is for freedom that Christ has set us free. Stand firm, then, and do not let yourselves be burdened again by a yoke of slavery.
~Galatians 5:1

To God's Glory,
Dave Price

Daily Prayer

Father God, You have set me free from the burden and bondage of sin. Thank You so much! I am now enslaved to love, a willing servant of Your goodness and grace. Forgive me, God, when I turn my liberty into a religion of do's and don'ts, or I turn my freedom into a license to sin.

I love You, God, not from force or fear, but because I desire You so much. I stay close to You, close to home, because this is where I find life, a life abundant and good.

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment