Friday, November 5, 2010

I Want To Be Like You - November 5, 2010

Daily Reading

Daily Verse
But do not do what they do,
for they do not practice what they preach.
Matthew 23:3

Daily Thought

Sam was 2-years old.


I was mowing the lawn. Sam appeared with the vacuum cleaner. Side-by-side, we mowed and vacuumed the lawn to perfection.

That was cute.

I had showered and shaved, and was eating my Captain Crunch. Sam appeared with my razor in his hand, bleeding from several cuts on his chin.

That was scary.

I realized my son was going to do things he saw me doing, even if they hurt him.

Follow my example, as I follow the example of Christ.
~1Corinthians 11:1

To God's Glory,
Dave Price

Daily Prayer

Father God, You are good and Your ways are good for me. I choose to follow You, to stay on the path You put before me. Made in Your image, I desire to look like You again. Thank You for Your Son, who showed me what You look like. Thank You for Your Spirit who day-by-day transforms me into Your likeness.

May my life be a reflection of You, so that I can say to others, "Follow my example, as I follow the example of Christ." To Your glory,

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment