Saturday, November 6, 2010

Knock Knock - November 6, 2010

Daily Reading

Daily Verse
Be on guard! Be alert!
You do not know when that time will come.
Mark 13:33

Daily Thought

Every so often, Dad popped into my room. Just to say "hi," he said. To see how things are going.

I didn't have a lock on my bedroom door. Wasn't allowed to. It was my bedroom, but it was Mom and Dad's house. No locking them out.

Usually he knocked, but not always. My bedroom door would just swing open sometimes. That meant it could anytime.

Some of my friends hid stuff in their rooms. Stuff they didn't want their parents to see.

Not me.

"Therefore keep watch because you do not know when the owner of the house will come back - whether in the evening, or at midnight, or when the rooster crows, or at dawn."
~Mark 13:35

To God's Glory,
Dave Price

Daily Prayer

Lord God, I look forward to Your return. I know when You come back, it will be as victorious Savior, King of kings. You will put all things in order. Sin, evil, pain, and tears will be no more. The world will be filled with Your glory, holiness, love, beauty. It will be good.

May I be a light in this world, illuminating Your Kingdom to come to a world that needs to see what is ahead. When You come, Lord, may You find me living a life reflecting Your glory.

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment