Monday, November 29, 2010

The United Saints - November 29, 2010

Daily Reading

Daily Verse
I appeal to you, brothers, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ,
that all of you agree with one another
so that there may be no divisions among you
and that you may be perfectly united in mind and thought.
1Corinthians 1:10

Daily Thought

For the foolishness of God is wiser than man's wisdom, and the weakness of God is stronger than man's strength.
~1Corinthians 1:25

The Wisdom of Man

We know Total Depravity and Free Will, Conditional and Unconditional Election, General and Limited Atonement, Prevenient and Irresistible Grace, Perseverance of the Saints and Falling From Grace.

We are Presbyterian or Methodist or Baptist or Lutheran or Episcopal.

We are many.

One of you says, "I follow Paul"; another, "I follow Apollos"; another, "I follow Cephas"; still another, "I follow Christ."
~1Corinthians 1:12

The Foolishness of the Cross

We know Jesus.

We are Christian.

We are one.

For I resolved to know nothing while I was with you except Jesus Christ and him crucified.
~1Corinthans 2:2

To God's Glory,
Dave Price

Daily Prayer

You, O God, are One. Father, Son, Holy Spirit. The Lord our God. The Lord is one.

You told us we must be one, that we must love one another, that we must be united. That our joy in You is connected to our unity in Your Spirit. God, bring us together. Help me to recognize that our shared love for Jesus is stronger than any differences in theology or methods.

Teach me humility and servanthood and love.

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment