Wednesday, November 10, 2010

The Dirty Work - November 10, 2010

Daily Reading

Daily Verse
Now that I, your Lord and Teacher, have washed your feet,
you also should wash one another's feet.
I have set you an example that you should do as I have done for you.
John 13:14-15

Daily Thought

Gas stations, 7-11's, convenience stores, Steve walked in, supplies in a bucket, "I'd like to clean your toilets for free."

As an expression of God's kindness.

Late one evening, his last stop a truck stop, Steve offered, "I'd like to clean your toilets."

"Why."

"Because God has given me so much, I want to share his goodness with you."

"We have 10 toilets."

Steve looked at his watch. "I'm late tonight. I can do 2," he sighed.

"We have 10 toilets."

"I may have time for 4."

"We have 10 toilets."

"Okay. I'll do 10."

"We have only 2," the owner smiled.

"Why did you say..."

"We are a truck stop. Christians come in here all the time. They leave my waitresses tracts instead of tips and complain about the magazines I sell. I was curious what kind of Christian you really are."

To God's Glory,
Dave Price


Daily Prayer

God, Almighty, Powerful, Wonderful, and Wise, You are worthy of all praise. The whole world sings of Your glory.

And you got down on your knees and washed my feet.

And you got up on a cross and died in my place.

May I have that same attitude, one of humility and service. One of sacrifice. One of love.

May the world know that You are God, my God, because I show them the same love You have shown me.

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment