Saturday, November 20, 2010

Without A Doubt - November 20, 2010

Daily Reading

Daily Verse
Then Peter came to himself and said,
"Now I know without a doubt that the Lord sent his angel
and rescued me from Herod's clutches
and from everything the Jewish people were anticipating."
Acts 12:11

Daily Thought

King Herod had James, the brother of John, put to death with the sword.
~Acts 12:2

Scene 1: Herod kills James.

Herod proceeded to seize Peter also. After arresting him, he put him in prison,
~Acts 12:3-4

Scene 2: Herod arrests Peter.

So Peter was kept in prison, but the church was earnestly praying to God for him.
~Acts 12:5

Scene 3: The church prays for Peter.

Suddenly an angel of the Lord appeared and a light shone in the cell. He struck Peter on the side and woke him up. "Quick, get up!" he said, and the chains fell off Peter's wrists.
~Acts 12:7

Scene 4: God saves Peter

Peter knocked at the outer entrance, and a servant girl named Rhoda came to answer the door. When she recognized Peter's voice, she was so overjoyed she ran back without opening it and exclaimed, "Peter is at the door!"
~Acts 12:13-14

Scene 5: Peter shows up at church.

"You're out of your mind," they told her. When she kept insisting that it was so, they said, "It must be his angel."
~Acts 12:15

Scene 6: Cut!!! Go back to Scene 3.

So Peter was kept in prison, but the church was earnestly praying to God for him.
~Acts 12:5

Scene 3: What exactly are you praying for?

Scene 4...

To God's Glory,
Dave Price

Daily Prayer

Father God, I know that You are faithful and true. I know that You can do all things. I know that what You promise will happen.

God, I have faith. Help me with my faith. May I trust You and live my life reflecting my faith and confidence in You.

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment