Monday, November 1, 2010

I Choose You Last - November 1, 2010

Daily Reading

Daily Verse
"These men who were hired last worked only one hour,"
they said, "and you have made them equal to us
who have borne the burden of the work and the heat of the day."
Matthew 20:12

Daily Thought

Neighborhood football games. Played in the street, sidewalks were out of bounds.

Two captains chose players, back and forth. The last kid was Billy. He was always last. He wasn't very good. The captains would point to each other, "You take him."

Except today. Today, Joshua was captain, and when there was one left, Josh said, "I'll take him. I want Billy."

Josh played quarterback. Hardest thing about quarterbacking is deciding who gets the ball. Everybody is open every play. Just ask them.

"I'm open. Throw it to me!" They all want to score a touchdown.

Josh told them to run to the sidewalk on the left. They did, and all the defenders followed. Josh whispered to Billy, "Run right."

Billy was all alone, because nobody covers Billy. All he had to do was catch the ball. And he did.

Today, Billy scored the touchdown.

"Don't I have the right to do what I want? Or are you envious because I am generous?" So the last will be first, and the first will be last.
~Matthew 20:15-16

To God's Glory,
Dave Price

Daily Prayer

Heavenly Father, I do not deserve Your grace. Of course, I don't. It wouldn't be grace if I deserved it. You have so much love for me, and for all of us, that You never run short of grace. There is enough for all. Even the thief on the cross, who came into Your kingdom just in time.

I know I don't deserve the riches of Your Kingdom, but I'm thrilled that they are mine. I look forward to eternity, to being in Your presence, being in Your Kingdom, being Your child, co-heir with Jesus Christ, sharing in His glory. That's amazing.

Thank You.

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment