Sunday, October 31, 2010

I Heart Money - October 31, 2010

Daily Reading

Daily Verse
Everyone who has left houses or brothers or sisters
or father or mother or children or fields for my sake
will receive a hundred times as much and will inherit eternal life.
Matthew 19:29

Daily Thought

Jesus looked at him and loved him.

"One thing you lack," he said. "Go, sell everything you have and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me."
~Mark 10:21

Jesus wanted the man's heart, so he told the man to give away his money.

At this the man's face fell. He went away sad, because he had great wealth.
~Mark 10:22

The man wanted his money, so he gave away his heart.

To God's Glory,
Dave Price

Daily Prayer

God, I think about what Your Son left to come to me. He did not consider being God something to hang onto if it meant He could save me. You Son allowed my sin to break His relationship to His Father and the Holy Spirit. He left what was closest to Him out of love for me.

I release my hold on everything. God, may nothing stand between me and You. May my love for You be complete and full. Most of all, I give up myself. I am off the throne, and You are in charge. I die to myself, and the life I now live is Yours.

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment