Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Show Me The Money - October 26, 2010

Daily Reading

Daily Verse
Then Jesus said to them, "Watch out!
Be on your guard against all kinds of greed;
a man's life does not consist in the abundance of his possessions."
Luke 12:15

Daily Thought

Dictionary.com: "wealth" [welth] -noun

1. a great quantity or store of money, valuable possessions, property, or other riches.

2. an abundance or profusion of anything; plentiful amount.

3. Economics: all things that have a monetary or exchange value; anything that has utility and is capable of being appropriated or exchanged.

4. rich or valuable contents or produce.

5. the state of being rich; prosperity; affluence.

Pretty much what I expected. But wait! One more.

6. Obsolete: happiness.

Dictionary.com: "obsolete" [ob-suh-leet] -adjective

1. no longer in general use; fallen in disuse.

2. of a discarded or outmoded type; out of date.

Those who love money will never have enough. How meaningless to think that wealth brings true happiness! It is a good thing to receive wealth from God and the good health to enjoy it. To enjoy your work and accept your lot in life - this is indeed a gift from God.
~Ecclesiastes 5:10, 19

To God's Glory,
Dave Price

Daily Prayer

God, You created EVERYTHING. It is all yours. May I always remember that I am a steward of Your riches, not an owner. Forgive me for greed, and keep my heart owned by you. May I hold things loosely, ready to give and share where it would please You most.

I pray that my trust in You will grow strong, weakening my grip on possessions. May I be as generous as You are.

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment