Monday, October 18, 2010

To Whom Shall We Go? - October 18, 2010

Daily Reading

Daily Verse
"You do not want to leave too, do you?" Jesus asked the Twelve.
Simon Peter answered him, "Lord, to whom shall we go?
You have the words of eternal life."
John 6:67-68

Daily Thought

A great crowd of people followed him because they saw the miraculous signs he had performed on the sick.
~John 6:2

The community follows him because he puts on a great show. Until the show is over.

Jesus answered, "You are looking for me, not because you saw miraculous signs but because you ate the loaves and had your fill.
~John 6:26

The crowd follows him because he meets their wants and needs. Until they are full.

Then Jesus declared, "I am the bread of life. He who comes to me will never go hungry, and he who believes in me will never be thirsty."
~John 6:35

The curious follow him because they are... curious. For a while.

"You have the words of eternal life. We believe and know that you are the Holy One of God."
~John 6:68-69

The committed follow him because he is Jesus Christ, Savior and Lord, God.

Period.

To God's Glory,
Dave Price

Daily Prayer

My Lord and God, Author of Life. Everything about why I am here, You are the answer. I love You and promise to follow You. I know it will be hard, because Your truth is difficult. People want to do things our own way, and You demand that we follow You to find full and everlasting life.

I choose to stand for You, to stand with You, God. Thank You for standing with me, because really, I am not that strong. (You knew that already.) But, in the power of Your Spirit by the authority of Your Son, I will stand for Your truth and live a life fully committed to You.

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment