Monday, October 25, 2010

Sounds Familiar - October 25, 2010

Daily Reading

Daily Verse
Why then do you accuse me of blasphemy
because I said, 'I am God's Son'?
John 10:36

Daily Thought

It's the Price voice. You know it when you hear it.

My four children are playing in the family room. The front door swings open, "Hello!"

Four heads in unison whip around toward the door. "Daddy's home!"

Nope. It's Uncle Drew. My brother.

They run and hug Uncle Drew, then go back to playing again. The front door swings open, "Hello!"

Four heads in unison whip around toward the door. "Daddy's home!"

Nope. It's Grampa. My Dad.

They run and hug Grampa, then go back to playing again. The front door swings open, "Hello!"

Four heads in unison whip around toward the door. "Daddy's home!"

They run and leap into my arms.

That voice. You can't tell which Price it belongs to, but you know it's a Price.

My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me.
~John 10:27

To God's Glory,
Dave Price

Daily Prayer

Oh Lord, my God, I love to hear Your voice. The more time I spend listening to Your Word, the better I know You, the more I love You, the closer I follow You. In You I find my joy, my purpose, my delight.

Thank You for Your Son, because in Him you have been seen. Through Him, I am adopted in Your family. My prayer, O God, is that I will sound like You, look like You, act like You. That when people see me, You are thought of and glorified.

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment