Tuesday, October 5, 2010

First Rule Of Lawyers - October 5, 2010

Daily Reading

Daily Verse
When Jesus saw their faith, he said,
"Friend, your sins are forgiven."
Luke 5:20

Daily Thought

The Pharisees and the teachers of the law began to question, saying, "Who is this fellow who speaks blasphemy? Who can forgive sins but God alone?"
~Luke 5:21

First Rule of Lawyers
"Never, never, never ask a witness a question you don't already know the answer to. Do it and you'll often get an answer you don't want, an answer that might wreck your case."
~To Kill A Mockingbird

Jesus asked, "Which is easier: to say, 'Your sins are forgiven,' or 'Get up and walk'? But that you may know that the Son of Man has authority on earth to forgive sins...." He said to the paralyzed man, "Get up, take your mat and go home." Immediately he got up, took what he had been lying on and went home praising God.
~Luke 5:23-25

To God's Glory,
Dave Price

Daily Prayer

Dear God, I pray to You because You are the One true God. There are no others. I know that You are good and powerful and wonderful. I know that You care about me. I can't quite figure out why, but I'm glad. You cared so much that You sent Your Son to heal me.

God, I need to be healed. Sin leaves me broken, but by Your grace I am made new.

To the only wise God, my Savior, be glory and majesty, dominion and power, both now and forevermore.

And thank You.

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment