Saturday, October 23, 2010

Throw Me - October 23, 2010

Daily Reading

Daily Verse
When they kept on questioning him,
he straightened up and said to them,
"If any one of you is without sin,
let him be the first to throw a stone at her."
John 8:7

Daily Thought

She was caught in adultery. (Apparently she acted alone.)

"The law says such a woman is to be stoned," the religious leaders cornered Jesus. "What do you say?"

"He who is without sin, let him throw the first stone."

For we do not have a high priest
who is unable to sympathize with our weaknesses,
but we have one who has been tempted in every way,
just as we are-yet was without sin.
~Hebrews 4:15

Only one could throw a stone.

Jesus straightened up and asked her,
"Woman, where are they? Has no one condemned you?"

"No one, sir," she said.

"Then neither do I condemn you," Jesus declared.
"Go now and leave your life of sin."
~John 8:10-11

But he didn't.

For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him.
~John 3:17

To God's Glory,
Dave Price

Daily Prayer

Father of grace and mercy, I have given You every reason to condemn me and cast me away. But in Your mercy, you do not give me what I deserve, but have paid the penalty for me. And in Your grace, you give me what I do not deserve and call me righteous and holy. A saint.

May I learn from Your grace and mercy and do the same in this world. May I be one who does not condemn, but restores. May I be one who gives to others, no matter what they deserve. May I love my friends and my enemies, my neighbor as myself.

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment