Thursday, October 21, 2010

Do You Drink The Tea? - October 21, 2010

Daily Reading

Daily Verse
He took a little child and had him stand among them.
Taking him in his arms, he said to them,
"Whoever welcomes one of these little children
in my name welcomes me;
and whoever welcomes me
does not welcome me but the one who sent me."
Mark 9:36-37

Daily Thought

Dad had the flu. Five year old Sara wanted to help. In she walked carrying a tray. On the tray, Sports Illustrated, some saltine crackers, and a cup of tea.

"I didn't know you could make tea," smiled Dad.

"I put the tea leaves in the water like Mom does, and then I strained it into a cup," explained Sara. "But I couldn't find a strainer, so I used the flyswatter."

"You what?"

"Oh, don't worry, I didn't ruin the new flyswatter. I used an old one."

Do you drink the tea?

Jesus fell with his face to the ground and prayed, "My Father, if it is possible, may this cup be taken from me. Yet not as I will, but as you will."
~Matthew 26:39

Yes, he did.

To God's Glory,
Dave Price

Daily Prayer

Great and Wonderful God, my Savior, in humility You came to this earth and drank the cup of death that rightfully belonged to me. You took my sin and made them Your own and bore the penalty for my sake. You demonstrated a love that I can barely comprehend. You are my Creator, yet I rejected You - but You never rejected me. In fact, You became like me so You could seek me and save me.

God, I pray what Your Son prayed, not my will, but Yours be done. In all of my life, I will love You through my love for others, taking last place in order to serve those ahead of me.

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment