Sunday, October 10, 2010

Four Responses - October 10, 2010

Daily Reading

Daily Verse
"Not everyone who says to me,
'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven,
but only he who does the will of my Father who is in heaven.
Matthew 7:21

Daily Thought

For the Son of Man is going to come in his Father's glory with his angels, and then he will reward each person according to what he has done.
~Matthew 16:27

Four Responses to the Coming of Jesus

I know You.
His master said to him, 'Well done, good and faithful servant.
~Matthew 25:23

I know You, but I'm not ready to meet You.
When He appears,
we shrink away from Him in shame at His coming.
~1John 2:28

I never knew You.
The fool says in his heart, "There is no God."
~Psalm 14:1

I thought I knew You.
Many will say to me on that day, 'Lord, Lord,
did we not prophesy in your name,
and in your name drive out demons
and perform many miracles?'
Then I will tell them plainly,
'I never knew you.
Away from me, you evildoers!'
~Matthew 7:22-23

We know that we have come to know him
if we obey his commands.
~1John 2:3

To God's Glory,
Dave Price

Daily Prayer

My God, You sent Your Son the first time to bring salvation. His second coming will usher those who are saved into Your Eternal Kingdom.

My confidence is this, that I believe in Your Son, my Savior, Jesus Christ, and confess Him as Lord of my life; that I love You with all my heart, soul, mind, and strength; that I love my neighbor as myself; that I love and obey Your Word of life.

How great a salvation.

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment