Friday, October 22, 2010

70 x 7 - October 22, 2010

Daily Reading

Daily Verse
Then Peter came to Jesus and asked,
"Lord, how many times shall I forgive my brother
when he sins against me? Up to seven times?"
Matthew 18:21

Daily Thought

One person will not do me wrong 490 times.

The person will do me wrong once, and I will replay it in my head 490 times.

Jesus answered, "I tell you, not seven times, but seventy times seven."
~Matthew 18:22

To God's Glory,
Dave Price

Daily Prayer

Father in Heaven, forgive me my sins as I forgive others theirs. That is a dangerous thing to pray, because I am not very good at forgiving. But You are teaching me. I know I have sinned against You. A lot. You not only have forgiven me, You paid the penalty for my sins. The more I understand Your love, Your grace, Your mercy, the better I share it with others.

Thank You God. You have freed me, not only from my own sins, but from the ugliness of bitterness against the sins of others.

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment