Thursday, October 28, 2010

Close To My Heart - October 28, 2010

Daily Reading

Daily Verse
"No servant can serve two masters.
Either he will hate the one and love the other,
or he will be devoted to the one and despise the other.
You cannot serve both God and Money."
Luke 16:13

Daily Thought

Standing on crowded Wall Street, pedestrians crisscrossing this way and that, Bill stopped and listened. "I hear a cricket," he smiled.

"You can't," countered Gary. "Horns honking, people everywhere. No way!"

Bill shrugged, walked 25 feet to a sidewalk planter, reached into the shrub and produced the prize. "Here he is."

"How did you do that?"

"Watch." Bill pulled some coins from his pocket and tossed them on the concrete sidewalk. The bustle of the crowd quieted - just for a moment - and all eyes looked to the money.

"We pay attention to whatever is closest to our heart."

The Pharisees, who dearly loved their money, heard all this and sneered at Jesus. Then he said to them, "You like to appear righteous in public, but God knows your hearts."
~Luke 16:14-15

To God's Glory,
Dave Price

Daily Prayer

You have my heart, God. I will turn my will toward You and listen to Your Words. I love You and want my life to be Your pleasure.

When I see Your handiwork in this world, a changed life, a good decision, a serving hand, it warms me up and makes me smile. God, You are so good. I pray that I will pay attention to the opportunities around me, that I will love others, that I will find my greatest joy in serving this world in Your Name. Protect me from the temporary delights of this world, and I will keep my eyes focused on the delight of Your Kingdom.

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment