Saturday, October 2, 2010

A Good Joe - October 2, 2010

Daily Reading

Daily Verse
All this took place to fulfill what the Lord had said through the prophet:
"The virgin will be with child and will give birth to a son,
and they will call him Immanuel"-which means, "God with us."
Matthew 1:22-23

Daily Thought

Mary gave birth to the Son of God.

And the Son of God saved the world.

And Joseph?

Leonard Bernstein, asked which instrument was the most difficult to play, without hesitation replied, "Second fiddle.

"Every one wants to be first violinist, but to find someone who can play the second fiddle with enthusiasm - that's a problem. And if we have no second fiddle, we have no harmony."

When Joseph woke up, he did what the angel of the Lord had commanded him and took Mary home as his wife.
~Matthew 1:24

Joseph played harmony.

And the angels sing, "Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace to men on whom his favor rests."
~Luke 2:14

To God's Glory,
Dave Price

Daily Prayer

God, it's not about me. Hard for me to remember, most everything I think about has to do with me. You are teaching me to seek You first, and to love others as I do myself. Your Son did that, considering others more important than Himself. And because of that, I am saved.

Joy and peace and fulfillment are not found by seeking them, but by seeking You. I pray that this is more than words: I love You with all my soul and all my mind and all my strength and all my heart.

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment