Saturday, October 30, 2010

They Got What They Asked For - October 30, 2010

Daily Reading

Daily Verse
For everyone who exalts himself will be humbled,
and he who humbles himself will be exalted.
Luke 18:14

Daily Thought

The Pharisee stood up and prayed about himself: "God, I thank you that I am not like other men - robbers, evildoers, adulterers - or even like this tax collector."
~Luke 18:11

The question is not, "Am I as good as my neighbor?"

He is. He's better.

"I fast twice a week and give a tenth of all I get."
~Luke 18:12

So he asked for nothing. And that's what he got.

But the tax collector stood at a distance. He would not even look up to heaven, but beat his breast and said, "God, have mercy on me, a sinner."
~Luke 18:13

The question is, "Am I as good as God?"

He's not. Not even close.

So he asked for mercy. And that's what he got.

To God's Glory,
Dave Price

Daily Prayer

Father, I live in a world that competes and compares, instead of loves and lifts up. Protect me from the pride of this world. Keep me humble like Your Son. He is God, and yet He thought others better than Himself, and put His life on the line for them. May I learn to love others from Him, rather than learning to serve self from the world.

Thank You, God, for Your mercy, Your love, Your salvation. Your Son.

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment