Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Chase What Matters - October 20, 2010

Daily Reading

Daily Verse
What good will it be for a man if he gains the whole world,
yet forfeits his soul?
Matthew 16:26

Daily Thought

"You're right. We need a new TV," conceded the wife to the husband.

Grabs keys, wallet, cell phone.

Scene change: Best Buy, the husband drools before a big wall of big flat screens.

Big power chord. Cue Queen, "I Want It All!"
I want it all.
I want it all.
I want it all.
And I want it now.

Narrator: "Text Chase for your credit card balance and decide what to spend in seconds."

Final scene: Husband and wife on couch staring at what he spent, "It's perfect."

"Chase what matters"
~Chase Bank, television commercial
Seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well.
~Matthew 6:33

"Chase what matters."
~Jesus

To God's Glory,
Dave Price

Daily Prayer

Eternal God, no beginning, no end, you are all in all. I chase things that get used up or rust or fall apart. Everything about You lasts forever. Change my heart, God, to seek what matters. To love what lasts. To love You, to love Your Word (which lasts forever), and to love people (who are made in Your image).

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment