Friday, October 29, 2010

I Know The Score - October 29, 2010

Daily Reading

Daily Verse
Jesus said to her, "I am the resurrection and the life.
He who believes in me will live, even though he dies;
and whoever lives and believes in me will never die.
Do you believe this?"
Luke 11:25-26

Daily Thought

"Lord," Martha said to Jesus, "if you had been here, my brother would not have died."

Jesus said to her, "Your brother will rise again."
~Luke 11:21, 23

"Did you hear about the game?" shouted my friend. Before I could stop him, he told me the score...

...of the game I had recorded on Tivo.

I watched it anyway.

So, when my team was a run behind in the 3rd, and 2 runs behind in the 5th, and 4 in the 7th, I didn't fret.

I was curious. How are they going to do it?

But I knew all the time - my team won.

Jesus called in a loud voice, "Lazarus, come out!" The dead man came out, his hands and feet wrapped with strips of linen, and a cloth around his face. Jesus said to them, "Take off the grave clothes and let him go."
~Luke 11:43-44

To God's Glory,
Dave Price

Daily Prayer

Eternal God, You know the end from the beginning. You are sovereign and powerful, and Your will be done. You write the story and it is good. I need be anxious about nothing, because I find rest in Your strength and contentment in Your care.

God, since death has been conquered by Your Son, I live confidently, knowing that there is nothing in this world that can take me from Your hand.

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment