Thursday, October 7, 2010

No - October 7, 2010

Daily Reading

Daily Verse
Then he said to them,
"The Sabbath was made for man,
not man for the Sabbath.
Mark 2:27

Daily Thought

Remember the Sabbath day by keeping it holy. Six days you shall labor and do all your work, but the seventh day is a Sabbath to the LORD your God. On it you shall not do any work.
~Exodus 20:8-10

"Define work?" requested the Israelites.

The Teachers of the Law (Lawyers) came up with 39 categories.

1. No Carrying
2. No Burning
3. No Extinguishing
4. No Finishing
5. No Writing
6. No Erasing
7. No Cooking
8. No Washing
9. No Sewing
10. No Tearing
11. No Knotting
12. No Untying
13. No Shaping
14. No Plowing
15. No Planting
16. No Reaping
17. No Harvesting
18. No Threshing
19. No Winnowing
20. No Selecting
21. No Sifting
22. No Grinding
23. No Kneading
24. No Combing
25. No Spinning
26. No Dyeing
27. No Chain-stitching
28. No Warping
29. No Weaving
30. No Unraveling
31. No Building
32. No Demolishing
33. No Trapping
34. No Shearing
35. No Slaughtering
36. No Skinning
37. No Tanning
38. No Smoothing
39. No Marking

The Pharisees and the teachers of the law were looking for a reason to accuse Jesus, so they watched him closely to see if he would heal on the Sabbath.
~Luke 6:7

Oh yeah...
40. No healing

Have a nice day.

To God's Glory,
Dave Price

Daily Prayer

God, I want to be holy like You are holy. The desire of my heart is to reflect You in all that I do. And in all that I don't do. Help me to understand Your Law and to follow it. Keep me from being careless, but also protect me from legalism.

I know that Your Law teaches me to love You and care for others. May I have a heart of humility, free from selfishness, and ready to sacrifice and serve.

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment