Saturday, October 9, 2010

Just Like Me - October 9, 2010

Daily Reading

Daily Verse
Love your enemies, do good to them,
and lend to them without expecting to get anything back.
Then your reward will be great, and you will be sons of the Most High,
because he is kind to the ungrateful and wicked.
Luke 6:35

Daily Thought

Yehiel Dinur survived Auschwitz. He was the witness.

Adolf Eichmann slaughtered millions. He was on trial.

Dinur entered the courtroom, stared for a moment at the butcher, then collapsed on the floor, sobbing.

"Were you overcome with hatred," 60 Minutes asked, "staring at the face of evil incarnate?"

"No," responded Dinur. "I was afraid about myself. I saw that I'm capable to do this ... exactly like he. Eichmann is in all of us."

Eichmann was an ordinary man, just like anyone else.

Jesus sat down at the table with the twelve disciples. "One of you will betray me." Greatly distressed, each one asked in turn, "Am I the one, Lord?"
~Matthew 26:20-22

Love your enemies.
They are not unlike you.

To God's Glory,
Dave Price

Daily Prayer

Heavenly Father, Help me see others with Your eyes, with Your heart. Help me see myself that way, as well. I know how much You love me. I need to remember how much You love those I see as enemies. You died for all of us, not because of any merit, but because You are love. I need the same humility and the same sacrificial attitude.

May I become more and more like Jesus Christ, who, even while we were sinners, died for our sake.

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment