Wednesday, October 27, 2010

You're Welcome - October 27, 2010

Daily Reading

Daily Verse
I tell you that in the same way
there will be more rejoicing in heaven over one sinner who repents
than over ninety-nine righteous persons who do not need to repent.
Luke 15:7

Daily Thought

She put her hands on her hips, glared at me, and demanded, "What are you going to say to these girls with tattoos coming to our church?"

"Welcome to Rolling Hills."

Now the tax collectors and "sinners" were all gathering around to hear him. But the Pharisees and the teachers of the law muttered, "This man welcomes sinners and eats with them."
~Luke 15:1-2

Jesus welcomes and eats.
The "sinners" gather and listen.
The religious mutter.

To God's Glory,
Dave Price

Daily Prayer

My God, thank You for salvation. For seeking me out, a sinner who wanted to go my own way. For loving me and drawing me to You. For opening my eyes and my heart, that I might realize that Your grace is irresistible.

Thank You for welcoming me. More than that, for celebrating my salvation. I didn't expect that or deserve that, but I enjoy it. What a wonderful salvation. What a wonderful Savior.

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment