Thursday, November 4, 2010

You're Number One - November 4, 2010

Daily Reading

Daily Verse
"Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law?"
Jesus replied: "Love the Lord your God
with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind."
Matthew 22:36-37

Daily Thought

Drafted first in 1999, Josh Hamilton was headed to the top of Major League Baseball.

Alcohol and drugs took him down.

Jesus Christ brought him back.

He is covered in tattoos - tattoos that tell his story. One in particular.

Priorities
1. God
2. Humility
3. Family
4. Sobriety
5. Baseball*

"Baseball" has an asterisk:
*impossible without Numbers 1-4

But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well.
~Matthew 6:33

To God's Glory,
Dave Price

Daily Prayer

God, my Lord and Savior, You are first in my life. You have my all - heart, soul, mind, strength.

Forgive me when I take some back. I'll give it back to You again. Every time. I want You to have all of me. I pray that my actions will reflect my desire.

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment