Thursday, December 23, 2010

26.2 - December 23, 2010

Daily Reading

Daily Verse
Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses,
let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles,
and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us.
Hebrews 12:1

Daily Thought

I hate running.

Debbie turned 40 and thought a marathon was a good idea.

I love my wife.

We bought a book, The Non-Runner's Marathon Trainer. Good title. A 16-week training guide to run 26.2 miles. Prerequisite: You must be able to run 3 miles to begin the training program. 3 miles!! Took me a month.

I hate running.

You work up to 18 miles, but the week before the marathon, your body needs to rest. Only 3-mile runs.

Piece of cake!

No discipline seems pleasant at the time, but painful. Later on, however, it produces a harvest of righteousness and peace for those who have been trained by it.
~Hebrews 12:11

To God's Glory,
Dave Price

Daily Prayer

Lord God, You began a work in me that You promise to complete. Do what it takes. I'm not saying I will like it, but I want it. There is this joy in front of me, and I will endure whatever it takes to reach it.

Right now it seems like a lot of work to live rightly. Someday, it will come naturally. God, I will continue to throw off whatever is holding me back, and keep my eyes on Your Son Jesus Christ. He is my goal. I want to look like Him.

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment