Sunday, December 5, 2010

I Hate Spiders - December 5, 2010

Daily Reading

Daily Verse
Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation;
the old has gone, the new has come!
2Corinthians 5:17

Daily Thought

She came with her mom to the Wednesday night prayer meeting. Every week.


She was twelve, the youngest in the room, but she liked to pray and she liked the prayers of the people who came.

Except one man. He prayed long every week, and every week finished with, "And now, Lord, clean all the cobwebs out of our lives."

At long last, she could take no more. The man, as always, prayed what he always prayed.

But before he said "Amen," she jumped to her feet and shouted, "Don't do it, Lord! Kill the spider!"

Put to death, therefore, whatever belongs to the earthly nature.
~Colossians 3:5

To God's Glory,
Dave Price

Daily Prayer

Heavenly Father, You are holy and good. Your Son has taken the penalty of my sin and given me his righteousness. Thank You so much!

May I rid myself of the desires, the thoughts, the habits of old. May I put them to death. Help me kill them. I don't want to think and act the way I used to, but rather, to live the life You created me to live. A life of service and love, of goodness and peace, that gives You glory and pleasure.

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment