Friday, December 3, 2010

The One Thing - December 3, 2010

Daily Reading

Daily Verse
For what I received I passed on to you as of first importance:
that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures,
that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day
according to the Scriptures.
1Corinthians 15:3-4

Daily Thought

"Do you know what the secret of life is?"

The movie is City Slickers.

Billy Crystal plays Mitch, a man celebrating his 39th birthday and dealing (poorly) with a midlife crisis.

Jack Palance plays Curly. He is older.

"Do you know what the secret of life is?" Curly asks Mitch.

"No, what?" Mitch shrugs.

Curly holds up one finger. "This."

"Your finger?" Smart Aleck.

"One thing. Just one thing."

"That's great. But what's the one thing?"

"That's what you've got to figure out."

Seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness.
~Matthew 6:33

Got it.

To God's Glory,
Dave Price

Daily Prayer

Father God, the most important thing, the one thing out of everything, is You. To love You with all that I am. My heart, soul, mind, and strength. In doing this, I will, at the same time, love others as much or more than myself. Because that is what You did. In humility, You sacrificed Your Son for me. For each of us. For all of us.

God, grow Your love in me. May You be not the first of many, but rather my One and Only consuming passion.

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment