Sunday, December 19, 2010

Stop It! - December 19, 2010

Daily Reading

Daily Verse
It teaches us to say "No" to ungodliness and worldly passions,
and to live self-controlled, upright and godly lives in this present age.
Titus 2:12

Daily Thought

Bob Newhart plays the therapist,
Dr. Switzer.
Katherine plays... Katherine.

DR. SWITZER: "I charge $5 for the first five minutes. And then absolutely nothing after that. How does that sound?"

KATHERINE: "That sounds great. Too good to be true, as a matter of fact."

DR. SWITZER: "I can almost guarantee you that our session won't last the full five minutes."

So, she explained her problems.

DR. SWITZER: "I'm going to say two words to you right now. I want you to listen to them very carefully and then I want you to take them out of the office with you and incorporate them into your life. You ready?"

She nodded.

DR. SWITZER: "Stop It!"

KATHERINE: "Stop It?"

DR. SWITZER: "S. T. O. P. New word. I. T. Stop It!"

KATHERINE: "So, what are you saying?"

DR. SWITZER: "You know, it's funny, I say two simple words and I cannot tell you the amount of people who say exactly the same thing you are saying. This is not Yiddish, Katherine. This is English. Stop It."

KATHERINE: "So, I should just stop it?"

"Then neither do I condemn you," declared Jesus. "Go and sin no more."
~John 8:11

To God's Glory,
Dave Price

(If you'd like to see the skit, click
here)

Daily Prayer

Father God, it is so clear what is good and what is evil. Our eyes were open when we ate the fruit in the garden, and we knew that we had done wrong. I need to stop, but I can't. Or won't. I not only sin, but I like my sin. God, change me from the inside out.

Thank You for salvation through the blood of Jesus Christ. I am made righteous. Thank You, as well, for the power of the Holy Spirit who lives in me. May I always keep in step with Your Spirit. May I stop sinning and walk rightly in this world.

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment