Monday, December 27, 2010

I Have A Word For You - December 27, 2010

Daily Reading

Daily Verse
I have no greater joy than to hear that my children are walking in the truth.
3John 1:4

Daily Thought

Mr. Hooper taught Sunday School.
6th grade boys.

It was not our habit to bring Bibles, but Mr. Hooper thought we should. "Bring your Bibles next Sunday."

My Bible was old and tattered, rabbit-eared pages with lots of writing and underlining, a number of tears, frayed cover.

"Okay, hold your Bibles up," commanded Mr. Hooper.

All ten of us held them in front of us. Nine of them were very nice, cool covers, white clean pages. They looked new.

And then there was mine. I was embarrassed.

Mr. Hooper said, "Every one look at Dave's Bible."

Really embarrassed!

"That's what a Bible should look like. Well done, Dave."

...who by constant use have trained themselves to distinguish good from evil.
~Hebrews 5:14

To God's Glory,
Dave Price

Daily Prayer

God, I love Your Word. It is the Word of life. In it, I see what You are like. I also see what I am like and what I should be like. Keep me in Your Word, God. The devil will keep me from Your Word, but Your Word will keep me from the devil. It is the Truth.

May I not only know Your Word, but live it, too. May my life be Your Word to others, leading them to Your Word, the Bible, leading them to Your Word, the Son, Jesus Christ.

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment