Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Made By God - December 15, 2010

Daily Reading

Daily Verse
Now you must rid yourselves of all such things as these:
anger, rage, malice, slander, and filthy language from your lips.
Do not lie to each other,
since you have taken off your old self with its practices
and have put on the new self,
which is being renewed in knowledge in the image of its Creator.
Colossians 3:8-10

Daily Thought

So God created mankind in his own image.
~Genesis 1:27

Mark lived across the street and a few houses down. He was a 5th grader. I was in 2nd. Mark was a different race from me, and I told him so. I used a word I'd learned from a 4th grader at school.

Mark hit me.

I said it again, and he hit me again. Once more. Same result.

I told my Dad that Mark hit me. Dad asked why, and I said the word. "You deserved it," he said.

I didn't know what the word meant, but I stopped using it.
I realized it hurt Mark.

Here there is no Greek or Jew, circumcised or uncircumcised, barbarian, Scythian, slave or free, but Christ is all, and is in all.
~Colossians 3:11

Hurt me, too.

To God's Glory,
Dave Price

Daily Prayer

My God, Creator of all things, but only one thing did You made in Your image. Us. We humans. Wonderful in variety, color, size, gender, personality, habits, behavior, we each reflect You. Marred by sin, we may be restored through Your Son Jesus Christ. May we put on grace, peace, love, joy, kindness, gentleness, unity, so that Your image will shine brighter in us and through us.

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment