Friday, December 17, 2010

Making A List, Checking It Twice - December 17, 2010

Daily Reading

Daily Verse
In humility consider others better than yourselves.
Each of you should look not only to your own interests,
but also to the interests of others.
Philippians 2:3-4

Daily Thought

And being found in appearance as a man, he humbled himself and became obedient to death-even death on a cross!
~Philippians 2:8

"I think God is just like Santa Claus," argued Jack. "They both have long white beards, children like them, and they keep a list of naughty and nice."

"Aw, but what a big difference in those lists," smiled Bethany.

"How so?"

"Santa brings gifts to the nice."

"Yeah, that's right," Jack nodded.

"God sent his gift to the naughty."

God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us.
~Romans 5:8

To God's Glory,
Dave Price

Daily Prayer

God, Your ways are so beyond me. You are holy and good and just and righteous. I am a sinner, yet You come for me. My world does not work that way. Yours does. In my world I chase what matters to me. In Your world, You chase... me! You came to seek me and to save me, and You left everything to do it.

What kind of love is that? It's a love I want more than anything in the world. It's that love that compels me to leave everything and seek You.

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment