Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Let It Go - December 14, 2010

Daily Reading

Daily Verse
Then Paul said to the centurion and the soldiers,
"Unless these men stay with the ship, you cannot be saved."
So the soldiers cut the ropes that held the lifeboat and let it fall away.
Acts 27:31-32

Daily Thought

"The cup that gives everlasting life."
~The villain, Walter Donovan, Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade

The Holy Grail. A legend. The cup of Christ, the cup used at the Last Supper. The cup that caught his blood as he hung on the cross. A myth.

An earthquake, a chasm opens, the cup on a ledge, Indy dangling over the cliff, hanging from his father's hand, reaching for the cup.

"Indiana," pleads his father.

We chase religion, the myth, the cup. Indy stretches for the cup. But it is just a cup. Not the Christ. Not Jesus.

"Indiana! Let it go," cries his father.

He went away a second time and prayed, "My Father, if it is not possible for this cup to be taken away unless I drink it, may your will be done."
~Matthew 26:42

Reach for the One who drank from the cup.

To God's Glory,
Dave Price

Daily Prayer

Father God, may we set our eyes on Christ, Your Son. Jesus. The Name above all names. The One who saves us. Our religion is our idea about You. May I let go of my ways, submitting my religion to Your way. God, may I receive what You give me and add nothing of my own to it. It is by Your grace that I am saved. Your gospel, Your goodness, Your glory.

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment