Saturday, December 18, 2010

Still Standing - December 18, 2010

Daily Reading

Daily Verse
Watch your life and doctrine closely.
Persevere in them, because if you do,
you will save both yourself and your hearers.
1Timothy 4:16

Daily Thought

I had to build a retaining wall. Each block weighed 50 pounds and each block was surprisingly expensive.

40 feet long, 36 inches high. I thought.

"You'll need to put one row below ground as a foundation," explained the landscaper.

40 feet long, 42 inches high.

"I have to spend money and effort on a row of blocks that will never be seen?" I complained.

"Oh, you will know they are there. Ten years from now, when the wall is still standing."

Command them to do good, to be rich in good deeds, and to be generous and willing to share. In this way they will lay up treasure for themselves as a firm foundation for the coming age, so that they may take hold of the life that is truly life.
~1Timothy 6:18-19

To God's Glory,
Dave Price

Daily Prayer

God, the victory is Yours. You accomplished it on the cross, defeating the works of Satan and removing the sting of death. You now offer life, a full life that will stand on the firm foundation of the work of Your Son.

May I place my trust in that foundation, knowing that nothing can move me as long as I depend fully and solely on You. Not by my strength, but by Yours will I live victoriously in the world.

And the next.

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment