Monday, December 20, 2010

Dad, I'm Getting A Tattoo - December 20, 2010

Daily Reading

Daily Verse
But in your hearts set apart Christ as Lord.
Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who
asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have.
But do this with gentleness and respect.
1Peter 3:15

Daily Thought

"Dad, I'm getting a tattoo."

Adam is a college sophomore. "No you are not," is no longer useful.

"A Christian 'fish' with Romans 8:31 under it," Adam described. "
If God is for us, who can be against us?"

"How big?" asked Dad.

Adam stretched his fingers out. "Big. Right here on my arm."

"Adam, that tattoo will declare your faith to everyone. You are in a fraternity. A fraternity that parties. A lot. You may be the only picture of Christ your brothers see."

"Dad, I'm getting the tattoo."

"I know, Son. But if you get it, you have to live it."

"Don't let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in life, in love, in faith and in purity."
~1Timothy 4:12

To God's Glory,
Dave Price

Daily Prayer

Father God, You Son came into this world to be a light in a dark place. Thank You for shining that light on me, because I was a dark place! I love Your Son.

Now I am a light shining in a dark place. I will not hide the light, but I will hold it up so that people can see. So that they can see Your Son. So that they can receive Your Son and be light, too. So that the world may know that You are God. My God. The only God.

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment