Friday, December 10, 2010

You Can Fly - December 10, 2010

Daily Reading

Daily Verse
Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world,
but be transformed by the renewing of your mind.
Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is-
his good, pleasing and perfect will.
Romans 12:2

Daily Thought

A caterpillar is earthbound.

"And then, God causes an amazing thing to happen," I was using what little science I knew to make a point with my high school students.

"Inside a cocoon, the digestive juices go to work. The caterpillar eats itself from the inside out, transforming its body into something new."

"Where do the wings come from?" asked Mary.

I smiled, "This part is really cool. When the caterpillar digests itself, it produces waste. That waste is the building material that becomes the wings of the butterfly."

"So, what your saying is," Matt's head wrinkled as he put this together, "God can take the crap in my life and make something beautiful out of it."

And the butterfly can fly.

Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come!
~2Corinthians 5:17

To God's Glory,
Dave Price

Daily Prayer

Lord God, You created me once, and I messed it up. Then You created me again. Thank You for Your patience and Your love. Thank You for second chances.

I will do what I should have done the first time. I am Yours, God. I sacrifice all of my control to You. I love You heart, soul, mind, and strength. Every bit of me. I am ready to fly - whatever You will, I will.

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment