Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Five Stones - December 22, 2010

Daily Reading

Daily Verse
Let us hold unswervingly to the hope we profess,
for he who promised is faithful.
Hebrews 10:23

Daily Thought

The question is not, "How big is Goliath?"

Goliath was over nine feet tall. He had a bronze helmet on his head and wore a coat of scale armor of bronze weighing five thousand shekels;on his legs he wore bronze greaves, and a bronze javelin was slung on his back. His spear shaft was like a weaver's rod, and its iron point weighed six hundred shekels.
~1Samuel 17:4-7

The question is not, "How big is God"

When I consider your heavens,
the work of your fingers,
the moon and the stars,
which you have set in place,
what is man that you are mindful of him.
~Psalm 8:3-4

The question is, "How big is your faith?"

Then he chose five smooth stones from the stream, put them in the pouch of his shepherd's bag and, with his sling in his hand, approached the Philistine.
~1Samuel 17:40

To God's Glory,
Dave Price

Daily Prayer

My God, the only God, God of all things, there is no question whether You are worthy of my trust. You are. I place my life in Your hands. You are my Lord and Savior, and all that I am, all that I do, I give to You.

My desire is to see Your Name lifted high. That all may know who You are. Make my faith strong, God, so that I may not fail the God who will not fail.

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment